Sunday, March 23, 2014

Maternity Pictures And My New Project!

We decided to get some pictures taken together so that we could look back and remember this beautiful time in our life. We chose Isaac Gautschi as our photographer because not only is he a great friend of ours, but he also took our wedding photos which we absolutely loved! Here are a few of my favorites from the session.









We are approaching 33 weeks, and getting more excited everyday! I sometimes wonder how everyone gets through these nine months without going crazy.. because I'm thinking I'm right on the verge! 

I decided that I need a project to distract me and to take up some time, so I've started to work on a patchwork quilt for the baby. About six years ago I made a quilt for my niece before she was born, and I'm going to try it again! I've only made one before, and that time I had my mom with me every step of the way when I had a question or didn't know what to do. This time I am all by myself, and I am a little scared! 

The picture on the left is the quilt I made for my niece Chloe, and the picture on the right is the beginnings of the quilt I'm working on now. Rather than choosing a color scheme, the quilts are just made up of a bunch of random fabrics. The first one I made was completely recycled fabric from my mom's collection and I loved the way it turned out, so this time I got a few scraps of the same old fabrics from my mom as well as new fabrics that I picked out.



I have already called my mom several times and I haven't even started the sewing part yet! Living on the opposite side of the state as my mother is miserable and I'm beginning to wonder if I can even have success in my quilt without her!  I guess this is just part of growing up?


No comments:

Post a Comment